Top Cited Journal ArticleNg, O., & Sinclair, N. (2015). Young children reasoning about symmetry in a dynamic geometry environment. ZDM Mathematics Education, 47(3), 421-434. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11858-014-0660-5.
Five Representative Journal Articles in STEM Education or Educational Technology
- Ng, O., & Park, M. (2021). Using an enhanced video-engagement innovation to support STEM teachers’ professional development in technology-based instruction. Educational Technology and Society, 24(4), 193-204. https://www.jstor.org/stable/48629255.
- Ng, O., & Chan, T. (2021). In-service mathematics teachers’ video-based noticing of 3D Printing Pens ‘in action’. British Journal of Educational Technology, 52(2), 751-767. http://dx.doi.org/10.1111/bjet.13053
- Cui, Z., & Ng, O. (2021). The interplay between mathematical and computational thinking in primary students’ mathematical problem-solving within a programming environment. Journal of Educational Computing Research, 59(5), 988–1012. https://doi.org/10.1177/0735633120979930
- Ng, O., Shi, L., & Ting, F. (2020). Exploring differences in primary students’ geometry learning outcomes in two technology-enhanced environments: Dynamic geometry and 3D Printing. International Journal of STEM Education, 7, 50. doi: 10.1186/s40594-020-00244-1
- Ng, O., & Chan, T. (2019). Learning as Making: Using 3D computer-aided design to enhance the learning of shapes and space in STEM-integrated ways. British Journal of Educational Technology, 50(1), 294-308. doi: 10.1111/bjet.12643
Five Representative Journal Articles in Mathematics Education
- Ng, O., Cui, Z. (2021). Examining primary students’ mathematical problem-solving in a programming context: Toward a computationally enhanced mathematics education. ZDM Mathematics Education, 53, 847–860. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11858-020-01200-7
- Ng, O., Cheng, W.K., Ni, Y., & Shi, L. (2020). How linguistic features and patterns of discourse moves influence authority structures in mathematics classrooms. Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education. doi: 10.1007/s10857-020-09475-z
- Ng, O., & Ferrara, F. (2020). Towards a materialist vision of ‘learning as Making’: The case of 3D Printing Pens in school mathematics. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 18, 925–944. doi: 10.1007/s10763-019-10000-9
- Ng, O. (2019). Examining technology-mediated communication using a commognitive lens: The case of touchscreen-dragging in dynamic geometry environments. International Journal of Science and Mathematics Education, 17(6), 1173-1193. doi: 10.1007/s10763-018-9910-2
- Ng, O. (2016). The interplay between language, gestures, dragging, and diagrams in bilingual learners’ mathematical communications. Educational Studies in Mathematics, 91(3), 307-326. doi: 10.1007/s10649-015-9652-9