Co-Investigator (2016–2019). This research investigates the effect of a teacher intervention program in engaging students with rich classroom discourse and rich learning opportunities in Hong Kong primary mathematics classrooms. (PI: Dr. Ni Yujing; Co-Is: Dr. Jinfa Cai, Dr. Alan Cheung, and Dr. Gaowei Chen)
Funded by Research Grant Council of Hong Kong General Research Fund ($736,500 HKD)
- Ni, Y., Ho, G., Cai, J., Cheung, A., Chen, G., & Ng, O. (2017). Research Protocol: Teacher Interventions in Engaging Students with Dialogic Classroom Discourse for Rich Learning Opportunity in Mathematics Classrooms. International Journal of Educational Research, 86, 23-35. doi: 10.1016/j.ijer.2017.08.008
- Ng, O. & Ni, Y. (2019). The relationship between discourse moves and authority structures in mathematics classrooms. In M. Graven, H. Venkat, A. Essien & P. Vale (Eds.) Proceedings of the 43rd Conference of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (Vol. 4, p.169). Pretoria, South Africa: PME
- Ng, O., Cheng, W.K., Ni, Y., & Shi, L. (2020). How linguistic features and patterns of discourse moves influence authority structures in mathematics classrooms. Journal of Mathematics Teacher Education. doi: 10.1007/s10857-020-09475-z.
- Ng, O., Ni, Y., Lian, S., Chen, G., & Cui, Z. (accepted). Designing and Validating a Coding Scheme for Analysis of Teacher Discourse Behaviours in Mathematics Classrooms. Journal of Education for Teaching, 47(3), 337-352. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/02607476.2021.1896340
- Ni, Y., Shi, L., Cheung, A., Chen, G., Ng, O., & Cai, J. (2021). Implementation and efficacy of a teacher intervention in dialogic mathematics classroom discourse in Hong Kong primary schools. International Journal of Educational Research. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ijer.2021.101758